Instructions and Help
Provide incentives to your guests with a list of fun events in your area.
- Click Add to enter a New Event.
- Past Event Updates - Resorts may edit and update an existing Event once the current date has passed without having to re-enter information for the Event.
- Blocked Event Days
- Events can be blocked up to two years in advance as displayed in the Blocked Event Days grid.
- Existing Days shows the number of days the resort has blocked in a particular month.
- Max Days shows the default of 7 days per month that a resort can block (black-out).
- If the resort needs additional days in a particular month for a special event, contact Coast (800-719-6841) and request the additional days before adding a new Event.
- From - Enter the first / opening date for the event.
- To - Enter the last / closing date for the event.
- Recurrence - Accept the default Once.
- Types - Accept the All Types default in order to block all reservations.
- Restrict reservations for this event.
- The checkbox next to Yes defaults as checked, which restricts reservations for the event.
- If the resort wants to encourage reservations for this event, uncheck the box next to Yes to permit reservations during this timeframe.
- Name - Type in a brief descriptive name of the event.
- Description - Type or copy the name of the event into this field.
- If Coast reservations are restricted during this event, type in Coast Reservations Not Accepted.
- If the resort wants to encourage reservations during this event, type in a welcoming message such as Coast Reservations Welcome.
EVENTS AND HOLIDAY BLOCKS
- EFFECTIVE 01-10-06 Coast DOES NOT BLOCK HOLIDAYS
- The resort must enter ALL Holidays and Holiday blocks.
- Coast recommends that blackout dates / Holiday blocks / Events be entered more than 90 days in advance by resorts in order to restrict reservations.
- Events can be entered up to two years in advance
- Coast expects all reservations made during an Event that are made prior to entry of that Event into Tripsetter will be honored by the resort.